I made these adorable polka dot ribbon flip flops for a customer to match her pink and chocolate polka dot initial tee. She found these solid chocolate flip flops and I grabbed every ribbon I had to match her shirt. I used over eight yards of ribbon for both shoes. I am happy to create these for your little girl and even find the flip flop sizes you need. Just send me an e-mail through my Contact Me page.
If you want to make these confetti ribbon flip flops as a party favor for your summer polka dot birthdays, I have created some basic instructions for you.
- Ribbons, Ribbons, Ribbons to coordinate with your polka dot birthday party colors
- Flip Flops
- Pinking shears (to trim ribbon edges in a zig-zag pattern and prevent fraying)
- Cut your ribbons into 8" lengths
- I like to use the same ribbons on either side of the toe strap, so pattern is similar.
- Start tying knots!
- Trim your ends with pinking shears to prevent fraying
- Slip 'em on for the cutest shoes in town!
Party Favor Tips:
- Cut an extra length of ribbon or coordinaing ribbon wraphia and tie the left and right flip flops together to make the pair ready to give. Slide on a cute gift tag and write the guest's name for a personalized party favor (just ask her mom her shoe size before the party)
- For older girls, they can make their own confetti ribbon flip flops as the party craft!
- Make a few extra adult flip flop pairs for the moms because you know they are going to want them too.
- JoAnn's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby (your local store)
- Polka Dot ribbons by the yard on Etsy
Find Flip Flops:
- Crafts, Etc. flip flops (free shipping on orders over $25)
- Old Navy
- JoAnn's (your local store)
Let us know how your ribbon flip flops turn out - or add your crafty tips in our comments section.